Friday, April 27, 2007

Biodiversity, Exxon Mobil, and farmers market

Today, Chris and I did a presentation about biodiversity for Shen's Earth Day. I think it went really well, and we hopefully inspired some people to help. I want to extend a welcome to our new high school members!

I'd been searching a while for a newspaper article to prove what I'd heard numerous times before: Exxon Mobil has been funding climate change skepticism (at least $16 million). Surprise! I came across one today: http://money.cnn.com/2007/02/02/news/companies/exxon_science/index.htm

We're working on figuring out how to get a farmer's market going around here. Apparently there already is a small one in the summer at St. George' s Episcopal Church at 912 Rt 146, so we'll see what we can do to raise awareness.

-Shona

No comments: